Sunday, July 29, 2012

Daytime Dress Up

I bought this top with the idea of wearing it to an evening event...but sometimes I feel like you just need to really go for it in the daytime!


I was nervous about the peplum silhouette not being the most flattering for me but I'd like to think I'm pulling it off pretty well...


Top-ASOS Curve/Jeans-Old Navy Online Plus/Shoes-Jeffrey Campbell/Bracelet-Kate Spade









I love things that sparkle but I won't wear just anything...I think it's best to love what you wear because you'll feel amazing in it...and when you feel amazing you look amazing!  And speaking of amazing...how cute is this bracelet from Kate Spade..."PLAY HOOKY" how could I pass that purchase up!?!


XO,
Lanaé


*Photography by Alex Szoenyi of ponyfeathers.

10 comments:

  1. Hey pretty lady! it was so nice to meet you last night at the event, and it was fun chatting about our hopes & dreams for plus size fashion at Gap & Old Navy :) Hope to run into you again soon! xo -Tanesha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! So awesome to finally meet you, I hope it's not our last meeting! I'll keep in touch with you for sure! Thanks for stopping by!
      XO,
      Lanaé

      Delete
  2. I discovered your blog through ASOS' facebook page, i love it!U r gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha,
      Your comment made me squeel! So glad you found my blog, I hope you'll start to follow...and feel free to reach out with questions. Thank you so much for the sweet comment...it really brightened up my day!
      XO,
      Lanaé

      Delete
  3. you look so amazing! the black sequins really makes your blond hair pop! you look great in black, and i absolutely love your hair.

    xoxo
    sarah rose
    zezaftig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! First off I love your blog, you are adorable! I'm so glad you found my blog because now I'm following yours! Thank you for the kind words and stopping by...hope you'll continue to read!
      XO,
      Lanaé

      Delete
  4. Fab! Coming from a fellow blondie lol blonde sets an outfit off! You great, Im trying to figure out how i missed this top on ASOS! #newfollower
    http://kellymonroe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelly,
      Thanks for stopping by fellow blonde! You haven't missed this top yet...it's near the middle/bottom of the first page if you view 200 items per page and the default color shown is a bronze/gold. What's super creepy about my reply is that I didn't even have to look at the website to know all of that! (obsessed)
      Thank you for following...be sure to let me know if you need anything specific...I'll hunt it down for you!
      I'm following you now too!
      XO,
      Lanaé

      Delete
  5. Hey.. I love your top.. I think its flattering on you... Was that sequins??? Youre sparkly in the daylight!!! I love that!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! Yes sequins...I have a minor (major) obsession with sequins!
      XO,
      Lanaé

      Delete