Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fitched Off

To: Mike Jeffries and the Corporate Team at Abercrombie & Fitch,

I get it, you don't want my money...but do you really have to say I don't belong in your clothing because I'm fat?  Word to the wise...maybe just keep your mouth shut and don't offer my sizes.

In High School I discovered you...and I wanted nothing more than to be included, but I've always been fat.  Senior year I lost weight getting down to a size 14, to reward me for my hard work my Mom took me to buy the Fatigue Cords circa 1999/2000 I had always wanted...I literally stopped in every time we were at the mall to look at them.  I saw her face when she saw the price tag and I told her I didn't like them after all, a total lie, but I wasn't going to let my Mom spend that kind of money on her teachers salary.

Well...being a size 14 didn't last, so I could only obsess over your destructed jeans of the early 2000's...not to mention those funny and almost always inappropriate graphic tees that to this day still exist.  That said, I found a way to participate...I just bought the Men's tees that weren't gender specific.  

Me in an XL Men's Abercrombie Tee
Old Navy Special Edition Denim
and a super sweet headband!





My sister Junaé, Me, my Mom and sister Désireé...my sisters
are your more of your target customer...they're thin...but
I'm the one wearing your Men's Pink "Player" Tee!

Oh...and not that it matters but...I was popular in High School and a Varsity Athlete all 4 years...in multiple sports!  

Bottom line...growing up is hard enough...you might want to apologize.  Make it right.

4 comments:

  1. What Abercrombie & Fitch has done is absolutely horrible. I will never wear their clothes after this kind of discrimination! Blessings to you, Mylah of MylahSai.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mylah,

      Thank you for reading and commenting...I too will never support their Brands ever again. And one day if I'm blessed enough to have children I won't buy anything for them from Abercrombie or any of their other Brands.

      XO,
      Lanaé

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree more! By the way sister, there have been plenty of years that I couldn't fit into any of their clothes. I remember having the same problem being curvy, it's hard if you have any hips and ass, or a womanly body at all. I was so proud when I was able to buy the same ripped up jeans. What a joke! I'd rather have my Marilyn Monroe body any day over the same ol' stick figure. What girl wants to look like an 8 year old boy? NOT ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junaé,

      I remember when you got those jeans...I wanted so badly to have a pair of my own...I wasn't even mad that they didn't come in my size...I just wanted a pair. I don't expect every label to include me but I don't want to hear that I'm not good enough in their eyes to be wearing their clothes! I hope something positive comes of all of this is all I can say. And Sister...you've always been gorgeous...but I think you're extra hot with those curves!

      XO,
      Lanaé

      Delete